Sunday, December 14, 2008

Picture Pages Sunday... (albeit late)



These are my paternal grandparents. They were absolutely wonderful people! I loved them so dearly when they were in this earthly world! They were from West-by-God-Virginia. I have fond memories of just sitting and listening to my Grandma talk. She had such a southern drawl it was hard for me not to be mesmorized. I would sit there and say to her "Grandma, just talk. Talk about anything." She would always give me this "You are off your rocker (add southern drawl)" look, but I so loved it. My grandpa was a chewer of tobacci (no, not tobacco, but tobacci). I remember him dipping and spitting and a spitoon. I also remember sitting with him watching Hee Haw, boy he loved him some Dolly Parton! They were wonderful grandparents, but a word of caution with them...beware when it was time to pick the switch stick...don't ever pick the little ones!


I miss you Grandma and Grandpa. What I wouldn't give to hear your voices. I love you Grandma and Grandpa! You are in my thoughts...RIP

5 comments:

  1. You look just great hope you always do.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, Anonymous, this isn't a picture of me. Second, I will always look great for my age, it is in my genes, maybe someday not to you, but to my husband, children and I'm sure plenty of other loved people, I will. Most importantly, I feel this was a rude comment and really not called for considering anonymously I don't know you and I'm guessing you really don't know me. Lastly, if you meant it to be rude, ok, you were rude and others know it now...the only one looking like an ass is you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoaaa Lady !
    Don't hate and/or judge a person too quickly. I pushed the wrong button!! I am sooo sorry..:)
    I was referring to the pic of your handsome husband and you taken with the cell phone. I posted to the overhead comment page instead of the one below the picture by mistake. You do look great in that pic and I really hope you are smiling and happy forever as in that picture. I hope I have cleared up this matter and you understand...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apology accepted. You know I love you Anonymous, expecially now that I believe I know who it is... but I do care about each and every one of my readers, (so you know if you aren't who I think you are.) I had a feeling that the wrong button was pushed anyway, but still. I was not judging, I was simply expressing my feelings. I cannot judge for the plank in my eye gets in the way, but I can express my feelings on matters, which makes my blog...well, my blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. To quote ya, "express my feelings on matters", I bet you got that trait from the pic I posted to by mistake.
    Both your abuela (?spelling) and grandma have taught you well young lady. Your parents have no choice but to look at you and smile. You deserve to stand proud of yourself and what you have accomplished so far in your lifetime. Nuff said......

    ReplyDelete

Important things you have to say

Tweet Tweet

    follow me on Twitter